I am providing 2 versions of WinPaw, 3.x and 4.x. Version 3.x does
not support the original PAW/Quill/Illustrator graphics and
character sets, 4.x does. The reason I am providing 2 versions is that the
4.x IDE needs a good bit more memory and CPU speed than 3.x. There is not
much difference between the 2 versions as far as the Engine is concerned.
- Windows 95 or later (NT, 2000, 98, ME, XP)
- 15M of hard disk space for the IDE.
- 12M for the Engine only. An additional 1M if you
install the Engine in addition to the IDE. (The Engine is
included in the IDE)
- 10M if you do not have the MDAC access routines
installed. (Some other products use these routines)
- Each game database you create uses a minimum of
400K and may be as large as 1M or more.
- I would recommend you run WinPaw in 1024 x 768
graphics mode. Some of the screens will run off the
CRT if you don't.
- A Pentium 90 or equivalent processor.
- 64M of memory
- Pentium 400 or equivalent processor (500 or greater
- 128M of memory minimum
It is possible that both of these versions will run with less
memory and/or processor speed than I have specified. However, I
will not support any machines with less than specified.
I have Windows 2000 and Windows 98 machines available. If you
are having trouble with another version of Windows and can
identify the problem as that version, I will need a while to find
a machine of that version on which to do testing.